For the Blackfeet, the butterfly is the bringer of good dreams. Cuddle up on the couch for a short nap or head for bed to snooze—just don't forget your Butterfly Dreams Pillow by Piikani (Blackfeet) artist and Inspired Natives® Collaborator John Isaiah Pepion for some sweet dreams!
Blackfeet/Piikani artist and Inspired Natives® Collaborator John Isaiah Pepion drew inspiration from the butterfly designs that flit across the painted tipis and in the beadwork of Blackfeet people. Butterflies often appear on traditional parfleche (embellished rawhide containers) of Plains people, which are decorated by painting, incising, or both. John is famous for adapting traditional Blackfeet designs to fit modern aesthetics and stories, blending the traditional and contemporary in new ways. The design of this pillow is "chain-stitched," making for gorgeous, up-close details and a silky yet raised texture.
- Pillow base is 100% cotton; embroidered stitching is 100% polyester; hidden zipper on pillowcase seam
- Comes with 100% polyester pillow insert
- Colors include off-white background with red, green, and yellow "stairs"
- 20" x 20" (50.8cm x 50.8cm)
- Pillow arrives vacuum-sealed for flat shipping: pillow will return to its full "puffy" state with fluffing
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives®, not "Native-inspired."