Our stunning "Bear Medicine" design by Sarah Agaton Howes (Anishinaabe/Ojibwe) pays homage to an Anishinaabe tradition, where the Bear Clan are known as carriers of medicine. In this Native-designed wool blanket, the mother bear carries the medicine while protecting the future generation. The art tells a story of inheritance, too: as we inherit both spiritual and physical gifts from our ancestors, we must also consider what we will give to our future generations.
- 2-sided design
- Covers top of queen size bed (59 in x 78 in/ 200 cm x 150 cm)
- Colors include black, blue, yellow, and red
- Microsuede edge band
- 100% wool pile; 100% polyester warp
- Dry clean only
- Sarah originally created this design and colorway in 2017 for the Black Bear Casino on the Fond du Lac Reservation
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives™, not "Native-inspired."
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives™ Award for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
- Recommended care is dry clean only; however, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.