Cedar. Sage. Sweetgrass. These special plants have an important cultural, spiritual, and medicinal value to Native people across North America. Diné (Navajo) artist Cindy Chischilly has used cedar, sage, and sweetgrass in three gorgeous designs that will infuse your daily drink with a dose of “good medicine.” Cedar is the medicine represented on our Cedar Camp Cup.
“Good Medicine” is a phrase known across Indian Country, but non-Natives understand the term instinctively, too. It’s a wish for health, a healing blessing, and a prayer for positive energy—like a hug from a dear friend, in word form! Cindy has added Good Medicine in flowing script to her modern depictions of these plants as our wish of good medicine to you this and every day.
“Good medicine is a way of thinking and being,” shares Eighth Generation CEO Colleen Echohawk (Pawnee, Athabascan). “It’s a way of saying, ‘I’m going to put aside the bad energy, the negative things that have been on me, and take in only the good, positive parts of life.”
A PNW favorite, the MiiR company is synonymous with durability and ethical production. Their business practices focus on sustainable sourcing and manufacturing while their high-quality products are known for their ability to stand up to rugged daily use by campers, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts alike. MiiR’s value of doing good while being a consumer goods brand makes Eighth Generation proud to partner with them on our Good Medicine vessel collection. Read more about MiiR’s commitment to being a responsible company here.
- Base Color: Black
- Capacity: 12oz
- 18/8 Stainless Steel base
- Press-on Lid
- Thermo 3D® double wall vacuum-insulation keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold
- Wash before first use; hand wash recommended
- Lid top rack dishwasher safe; alternative lids are available at miir.com
- Do not freeze, microwave, bleach, or overfill
- Every MiiR product sold helps fund nonprofit organizations that work to empower communities, while investing in the health of our natural environments.
- Imported from Miir’s BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative) factories
- Miir is a Certified Evergreen™, B-Corp™, Climate Neutral™, 1% For the Planet™ supplier headquartered in Seattle, WA