This beautiful blanket pays tribute to the legendary Jim Thorpe (Sac and Fox), a Native icon famous for winning Olympic gold in the decathlon and pentathlon, before going on to excel in professional baseball and football. Jim Thorpe also became the NFL's first president, and is widely considered one of the best athletes to ever live.
In 2018, Eighth Generation officially licensed the Jim Thorpe name and likeness. The blanket was designed by Eighth Generation in collaboration with Sac and Fox traditional ribbon artist, Ruth Garvin.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Microsuede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed in collaboration with Ruth Garvin (Sac and Fox)
- Dry Clean
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives Grant for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
Eighth Generation team in collaboration with Wâ kî then ô kwê
Ruth Garvin, a traditional Sac and Fox ribbon artist.
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.