My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
1. Hummingbirds can visit between 1,000 -2,000 flowers in one day; traveling at a top speed of 34mph and diving at speeds of 49mph.
2. According to Audubon, hummingbirds can pretty much see all colors, but are usually attracted to bright colors - like red - as it often indicates a rich nectar supply.
3. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can rotate their wings to fly backwards since they possess a unique ball and socket joint at the shoulder; allowing them to rotate their wings 180 degrees in all directions.
4. Although they are not social creatures, a group of hummingbirds - known as a "charm" - can be spotted when sharing the same food source.
5. Despite their small size, hummingbirds can be often seen defending what is theirs from others of their own kind; aggressively protecting their territory through bodies colliding and hooked beaks, spinning in circles until they reach the ground.