The striking “old time colors” of this wool blanket – as award-winning artist and fashion designer Jamie Okuma (Luiseño and Shoshone-Bannock) describes them – are some of Jamie’s favorite colors to bead with and use in ribbon work. In her work, Jamie likes to incorporate bold designs that instantly catch the eye. This design is representative of the geometric aesthetic of the Plateau/Great Basin/Plains region.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Microsuede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed in collaboration with Jamie Okuma (Luiseño/Shoshone-Bannock)
- Dry Clean
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives Grant for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
Jamie Okuma (Luiseño and Shoshone-Bannock) is an award-winning artist and fashion designer. She specializes in one-of-a-kind pieces that are hand-executed exclusively by the artist herself in all details of process. Okuma has shown work internationally and has pieces in the permanent collections of The Minneapolis Institute of Art, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, The Denver Art Museum and the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian.
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.