The Tsimshian people have understood since time immemorial that humans are not separate from the natural world, but merely a part of it. This includes an understanding that there is a human spirit inside all living things. This beautiful design by Tsimshian artist David Robert Boxley represents the powerful and inextricable connection between humans and the world around us, and is a reminder of our responsibilities to care for it all.
He says, "The salmon will only return if we are respectful and the earth will only allow us to stay if we live in balance with it. 'Ni'nii wila loo łagigyedm ada 'ni'nii sgüü dm waalm. (That is what the ancestors did and that is what we should do)."
This blanket design is the highly anticipated result of Eighth Generation's 2017 Blanket Design Contest, of which David was a winner along with Diné artist Jared Yazzie.
- 2-sided design
- Covers top of Queen Size bed (59 in x 78 in/ 200 cm x 150 cm)
- Colors include red and blue
- Microsuede Edge Band
- 100% wool pile; 100% polyester warp
- Designed by David Robert Boxley (Tsimshian)
- Dry Clean
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives™, not "Native-inspired."
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives™ Award for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.