- This 100% wool blanket was designed by Sarah Agaton Howes (Anishinaabe) in collaboration with Eighth Generation’s Inspired Natives Project.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Suede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed by Michelle Lowden (Acoma Pueblo)
- Dry Clean
The "Renewal" design, which is characteristic of the woodlands floral tradition, tells the story of physical and spiritual renewal. It honors the land through representations of the wild plum flower, the water through our beloved wild rice, and healing through the dogwood flower, which is used to create traditional tobacco.
The scallop shapes on each end of the design – which are inspired by Sarah’s own hand-made regalia – symbolize the idea that humans are part of nature and that the renewal and revitalization of the land, water, sky and spirit require us to understand and practice our ancestral ways.
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives Grant for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
- Sarah Agaton Howes is an Anishinaabe artist, teacher, and community organizer from the Fond du Lac Reservation in Minnesota. Widely known for her handmade regalia and moccasins featuring Ojibwe floral designs, Sarah owns and operates her own business, House of Howes. She shares her knowledge by teaching beadwork in her community and beyond through classes and video tutorials.
Sarah has been an Inspired Natives Collaborator since 2015. Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.