The three brightest natural objects in the sky—the sun, the moon, and the “Morning Star” Venus—are a family in Piikani lore. Sun married Moon, who gave birth to Morning Star, a great hero who went on to have many legends told about him. As a symbol, Morning Star appears on Piikani art as a cross made of four triangles, and is often painted on medicine lodges.
Blackfeet artist John Isaiah Pepion pays tribute to this Piikani legend in his Morning Star Scarf. Stretching across the scarf, small dots make up stars in the night sky, while a repeating pattern of Morning Stars shines boldly across the center. “The Morning Star design shares good medicine,” shares John. “It brings you luck, positive dreams, and blessings.”
Our Morning Star Scarf is knit of ultra-soft 100% Merino wool, which naturally provides warmth and coziness without static. The two colorways—a tone-on-tone green option as well as a bold blue and yellow combo—means it’s easy to find a Morning Star that lights up your outfit.
- Made in our Seattle studio
- Two-sided design with secure bound edge
- 75 in x 19 in/ 190.5cm x 48.26 cm
- 100% pure Merino wool from Italy
Two colorways, including light green/olive green and blue/yellow
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives®, not "Native-inspired."
Recommended Product Care:
- Spot clean only; hand wash as needed; hang dry away from direct sunlight
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent
- Never scrub wool or use harsh chemicals
- Steam to de-wrinkle
- Store away from direct sunlight