This vibrant blanket design is based on a painting by Two Spirit artist Ryan Young (Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Chippewa) that calls out to their community's traditional story about crows.
The story goes that the crow was once very colorful and had a beautiful singing voice, but during a forest fire, it spent so much time trying to help the other animals that it's colorful feathers became blackened with soot and it's beautiful singing voice turned hoarse from the smoke. To Ryan, the story reflects the struggles and sacrifices they have made as a Two Spirit person to get to where they are today, and all they have worked through to get to a place where they want to teach others.
While this blanket celebrates Two Spirit people, Ryan envisions it as a blanket that anyone can wrap themselves in to feel safe, warm, and at home.
- 2-sided design
- Covers top of queen size bed (59 in x 78 in / 200 cm x 150 cm)
- Colors include charcoal gray, purple, red, orange, and yellow
- Microsuede edge band
- 100% wool pile; 100% polyester warp
- Designed by Ryan Young (Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Chippewa)
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives™, not "Native-inspired."
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives™ Award for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
- Recommended care is dry clean only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.