- This "Winter Hummingbird" woven tapestry blanket reflects Louie's signature balance of traditional and contemporary influences.
- Made in USA
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton.
- Blanket size: 60" X 50"
This Coast Salish hummingbird design was originally hand-drawn by Louie on a traditional hand drum. Often thought to be a harbinger of good news, the hummingbird is the perfect symbol to fill your living spaces with.
- Louie Gong (Nooksack), founder of Eighth Generation, is a self-taught artist who was raised by his grandparents in the Nooksack tribal community in northwest Washington. He got his start by painting cultural art on shoes, but realized that creating one-of-a-kind pieces did not provide a sustainable pathway to success, and began applying his artwork to accessibly-priced products. Louie’s unique style merges traditional Coast Salish art with influences from his mixed heritage and urban environment to create work that resonates widely across communities and cultures.
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle, mild detergent.
- Non-chlorine bleach when needed.
- Tumble dry.