A collaboration with Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples, one of the nation’s oldest Native philanthropic organizations, this blanket highlights the mighty Yellowhammer Flicker, a powerful medicine being that links Earth and Sky with each new day.
This blanket was designed with Kateri Masten (Yurok) and Chisa Oros (Zuni/Yoeme). The flicker is centered above seven descending horizontal lines, representing the concept of “seven generations” and carrying lessons of knowledge and new beginnings. The outer edges are bordered with two Yurok basket designs, the swallowtail and butterfly. The prominence of black in the design signifies wisdom and respect for the Ancestors, while the blue represents water. Check out the highlight video we made for this blanket.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Suede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed by Kateri Masten and Chisa Oros with Seventh Generation Fund
The "Warrior Up" blanket was designed with Kateri Masten (Yurok) and Chisa Oros (Zuni/Yoeme) for Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples. The organization developed its name from a precept of the Great Law of Peace of the Haudenosaunee (Six Nations Iroquois Confederacy) which mandates that chiefs consider the impact of their decisions on the seventh generation yet to come. This principle guides us in our frontline work with all the grassroots Native communities we support in revitalization, restoration, preservation, planning and development projects.
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.