These spacious statement totes were designed by Inspired Natives Project collaborator, Michelle Lowden (Acoma Pueblo). Her beautiful "Reflection" design represents the prayer for rain, and features Acoma Pueblo abstract symbols depicting mountains, clouds, and rain.
During monsoon season, the cisterns at Acoma become full again. It is then the people visit the cisterns to gather water for drinking. When you look down to see the cisterns full and you are met with your reflection, you can't help but smile with gratitude. It is a reminder that "water is life."
- Heavy weight cotton canvas with waxed, water resistant treatment
- 16" wide at base, 21" wide at top x 14"H x 5.5"D
- Black leather straps, 4" strap drop
- Snap closure
- 4 open interior pockets made from blue and white striped cotton
- Available with leather shoulder strap add-on with sliding shoulder panel to convert a hand held or shoulder-strap bag to a cross-body bag. Measures 41" long (including hardware) x .75" wide.
- Built by hand by Queen Bee Creations in Portland, Oregon
Michelle Lowden (Acoma Pueblo) draws inspiration from her family's history of illustrious potters to create the beautiful hand-painted Pueblo jewelry she is known for. The owner and operator of Milo Creations, her careful eye and attention to detail show in her intricate line work and Southwest geometric designs.
Michelle has been an Inspired Natives Project Collaborator since 2014. Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".