- Coast Salish art is the local art of the Seattle area. The "Salish Pattern" - also available in 100% wool - was developed by Louie (Nooksack) after researching ancestral cedar and textile weaving.
- Made in USA
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton.
- Blanket size: 60" X 50"
This design was created by Louie Gong (Nooksack) after researching traditional Coast Salish weaving. Although our blankets are created using modern technology, it was very important to Louie that he create a design that could be replicated with traditional Salish weaving methods.
Salish art is rarely represented in contemporary textiles, and Louie is proud to help push this particular, often overlooked form to the forefront of Native art and product offerings.
Thanks for supporting Inspired Natives, not Native-inspired. #inspirednatives
- Louie Gong (Nooksack), founder of Eighth Generation, is a self-taught artist who was raised by his grandparents in the Nooksack tribal community in northwest Washington. He got his start by painting cultural art on shoes, but realized that creating one-of-a-kind pieces did not provide a sustainable pathway to success, and began applying his artwork to accessibly-priced products. Louie’s unique style merges traditional Coast Salish art with influences from his mixed heritage and urban environment to create work that resonates widely across communities and cultures.
- Machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle, mild detergent.
- Non-chlorine bleach when needed.
- Tumble dry.