This 100% wool blanket was designed by Sarah Agaton Howes (Anishinaabe) in collaboration with Eighth Generation’s Inspired Natives Project.
This stunning "Inheritance" design pays homage to an Anishinaabe tradition, where the Bear Clan are known as carriers of medicine. Here, the mother carries the medicine while protecting the future generation. The art tells a story of “Inheritance,” as we inherit our gifts both spiritual and physical from our ancestors, we must also consider what we will give.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Microsuede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed by Sarah Agaton Howes (Anishinaabe)
- Dry Clean
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives Grant for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
Sarah Agaton Howes is an Anishinaabe artist, teacher, and community organizer from the Fond du Lac Reservation in Minnesota. Widely known for her handmade regalia and moccasins featuring Ojibwe floral designs, Sarah owns and operates her own business, House of Howes. She shares her knowledge by teaching beadwork in her community and beyond through classes and video tutorials.
Sarah has been an Inspired Natives Collaborator since 2015. Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.