This position will support Eighth Generation as it continues to grow and expand both internally with staff and externally through artist relationships. This position will provide direction and input regarding overall strategies which support the culture, company direction, and the needs of the business and team members at Eighth Generation.
- Pay 50-60k yearly
- SODO HQ location
- Starts ASAP
Medical/dental/vision insurance, sick leave, paid holidays, vacation, employee discounts, paid lunch breaks. FREE onsite parking!
- Oversee the maintenance and creation of company policies
- Manage the recruiting and onboarding experience for new hires
- Act as a company liaison to the various artists the company collaborates with
- Expand the company’s recruiting network by building relationships with local universities, organizations, and Native communities
- Lead team member morale initiatives including company parties, staff recognition
- Administer the company’s benefits programs including medical, dental, and vision insurances, Washington Paid Family Leave, Washington L&I
- Work with company’s payroll vendor to ensure all benefits, time off, and state regulations are accurate in the payroll system
- Analyze whether our current payroll vendor can also function as a proper Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Maintain accurate, confidential team member records
- Lead the recruiting to find seasonal warehouse staff for the holiday season
- Monitor compliance with established personnel policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws
- Investigate and facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor performance appraisal system
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Be the company expert on legal compliance with all local, state, and federal ordinances and regulations
- At least 1 year of Human Resources Coordinator (or higher) experience
- Knowledge of Native culture, arts, and trends
- Seattle local ordinance compliance experience preferred, in additional to knowledge in general employment laws, recruitment and policy development
- Independent judgment and discretion are important qualities as many duties performed are of a critical and confidential nature.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Emotionally intelligent, ability to build relationships with others
- Ability to pass a background check
How To Apply
- Please submit a Cover Letter/Statement of Interest and Resume to email@example.com
- Position is open until filled.