Eighth Generation, the nation's leading Native-owned lifestyle brand, is searching for an experienced professional to work on site at Eighth Generation’s HQ in Seattle. The successful candidate will work closely with our small but rapidly growing staff to manage finance operations.
Our Business Manager is retiring after over 6 years of working with Eighth Generation. While we are very sad to see her go, we are also excited to meet the next highly skilled and hardworking person to join Louie, Serene and the rest of our team at our Seattle Headquarters.
A generous overlap period with our Business Manager will ensure a smooth transition into this critical role in our rapidly growing small business!
- Pay 70k+ DOE
- SODO HQ location
- 40 hours per week
- Some evening hours required
Paid lunch breaks, sick leave, paid holidays, vacation, medical insurance; employee discounts. FREE onsite parking!
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
Financial Management Duties:
- Manages the daily financial activities of the Company, including budget preparation and control, accounting, purchasing, and business planning and management
- Keeps management informed by analyzing financial reports; summarizing information and identifying business trends, and recommend strategies in increasing revenue
- Ensures governmental tax returns are filed in a timely manner.
- Ensures adherence to state, federal and tribal government agencies rules and guidelines
- Prepares annual budget, monitors and schedules expenditures, manages budget to ensure expenses are within budget; analyzing any variances and recommends corrective actions to management team.
- Performs and manages inventory and bookkeeping functions; produces financial reports and performs analysis for various purposes
- Works closely with Eighth Generation’s outside CPA consultants to ensure accurate and timely financial reports
- Manages cash, cash-related receipts, accounts receivable and credit and collection functions, ensuring timely processing of billings, payments, and collection of program revenue
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Serve as a key member of the company’s leadership team in assessing overall company performance and achieving business objectives; recommends strategies in system improvements as needed
- Supports company operations by overseeing office systems, policies and procedures
- Maintains office services by preparing payroll, designing filing systems, managing HR functions and overseeing other clerical functions
- Maintains relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers/customers
Requirements (Please do not apply if you don’t meet the minimum qualifications)
- Proven experience as Financial Manager, or other relevant role
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven high degree of proficiency in Quickbooks, MS Office, databases, payroll, and information systems
- Proficiency using research methods and data analysis techniques
- At least 3 years of work experience in Accounting/Financial related fields
- BSc/Ba in Business/Financial Management or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Ability to pass a background check, and skills test of MS Office applications
- Successful candidate is required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
How To Apply
Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com
Additional skills assessments may be required of candidates selected for the interview stage.
We are currently working on-site from our Airport Way studio. Numerous safety protocols have been implemented to ensure we are in alignment with best-practice in responding to COVID-19. The person selected for this position will have their own office.