Eighth Generation is searching for an experienced professional to work on site at Eighth Generation’s HQ in Seattle. The successful candidate will work closely with our small but rapidly growing staff to manage office and finance operations.
Our beloved Business Office Manager is retiring after over 6 years of working with Eighth Generation. While we are very sad to see her go, we are also excited to meet the next highly skilled and hardworking person to join Louie, Serene and the rest of our team at our Seattle Headquarters.
A generous overlap period with our Business Manager will ensure a smooth transition into this critical role in our rapidly growing company!
- Pay DOE, exempt position
- SODO HQ location
- 40 hours per week
- Some evening hours required
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
Paid lunch breaks, sick leave, paid holidays, vacation, medical insurance; employee discounts. FREE onsite parking!
- Supports company operations by maintaining office systems, policies and procedures
- Maintains office services by preparing payroll, designing filing systems, managing HR functions and overseeing other clerical functions
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing reports; summarizing information and identifying business trends
- Maintains relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers/customers
- Works collaboratively with Project Managers and staff to coordinate purchases manufacturing, import and delivery of products
- Ensures adherence to state, federal and tribal government agencies rules and guidelines
- Serve as a member of the company’s leadership team in assessing overall company performance and achieving business objectives
- Manages the daily financial activities of the company, including budget preparation and control, accounting, purchasing, and business planning and management
- Achieves financial objectives in helping to prepare annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and working with management team to initiate corrective actions.
- Performs inventory and bookkeeping functions; produces financial reports and analysis
- Works closely with company’s outside CPA consultants to ensure accurate and timely financial reports
- Manages company contracts, and ensures timely actions as needed
- Manages cash, cash-related receipts, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions , ensuring timely billings, collection of revenue, and processing of payments to vendors
- Ensures that various governmental tax returns are filed in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proven experience as Office Manager or other relevant role
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven high degree of proficiency in Quickbooks, MS Office, databases, payroll, and information systems
- Proficiency in research methods and data analysis techniques
- At least 3 years of work experience in Accounting/Financial related fields
- BSc/Ba in Business/Financial Management or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Ability to pass a background check, and skills test of MS Office applications
- Successful candidate is required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
How to Apply
- Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com
- Additional skills assessments may be required of candidates selected for the interview stage
- Position Now Closed