This striking wool blanket by Jared Yazzie (Diné) pays homage to rug designs woven by his grandmothers. Within Navajo weaving, clues to where a rug has been woven can be found in patterns originating from specific areas, or colors of yarn dyed from particular plants.
Jared says, “While my grandmothers are no longer with us, these patterns and colors remain to tell us the story of where they come from. I felt it was important to show tributes to their design through my new work. It makes me feel as if I am passing along their legacy.”
This blanket design is the highly anticipated result of Eighth Generation’s Blanket Design Contest, of which Jared was a winner along with Tsimshian artist David Robert Boxley.
- 2-sided design
- Covers a Queen Size bed (200 cm x 150 cm)
- Microsuede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed by Jared Yazzie (Diné)
- Dry Clean
5% of all blanket sales support the Inspired Natives Grant for emerging arts entrepreneurs.
- Founder of OXDX, Jared Yazzie (Diné) is a self-taught graphic artist, entrepreneur, and designer known for his bold, graphic style that incorporates vibrant Diné motifs with messages of Native empowerment. He got his start by screen printing t-shirts in his dorm room at the University of Arizona and selling them out of the trunk of his car. Now a popular street wear brand, OXDX has been featured on CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Refinery 29, Huffington Post, the Smithsonian Institution, and more.
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives, not "Native-inspired".
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.