Do you want to learn what it takes to be a full time designer? Do you want to participate in the development of highly unique products from scratch through to distribution? This is your opportunity to get exposure to ideas, networks, and processes that usually take decades to develop.
We are looking for a self-starter with a strong interest in arts entrepreneurship and community service to help develop our growing line of Native-designed products. Eighth Generation’s focus for 2016 will be the development of our blankets, home decor and accessories in preparation for launching the first Eighth Generation brick and mortar store this summer.
- 3 month duration with possibility of employment post internship
- $1000 - $2000 stipend, depending on qualifications
- Part time with negotiable hours
- College credits possible
An individualized agreement will be developed to clearly define internship responsibilities, hours, stipend amount and the expectations of Eighth Generation.
- Awareness of Eighth Generation and Louie Gong’s work
- Ability to communicate basic design ideas via sketch, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to collaborate with artists, Eighth Generation staff and manufacturers to develop product ideas
- Strong work ethic required to keep up with Louie and Eighth Generation staff
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Transportation preferred but not required
- Residence in Washington State required. Greater Seattle area residence preferred
- 18+ only please
- Develop product concepts from idea to visual mockups
- Oversee the development of samples or prototypes
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, email your resume and a statement of interest (treat this letter as you would a writing sample) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2016.
This is a competitive process, and there will be no special consideration for cousins, friends of friends, or any other perceived in-roads! :)